Stoke Park Careers - Job Application
Golf- Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire - External Golf Services- Part Time
Job Title: External Golf Services
Location: Stoke Park
Responsible to: Golf Services Manager
Hours of Work: 16- 24 hours per week, to include weekends and bank holidays as per the rota
Overall Purpose: To assist in the operation of the external golf services available to members and guests of Stoke Park. To follow the policies and practices of the Golf Department and maintain high standards of service at all times.
· Ensure the practice area and putting green is kept clean and tidy at all times, ensuring baskets are available for the range balls.
· Ensure the ball machine is kept full and range balls are readily available at all times.
· Dress and prepare the practice range, short game area and putting green on a daily basis.
· Ensure the buggy fleet is available for hire at all times. Buggies must be clean and tidy, and ready for use at 7.30am.
· Ensure rental pull and electric trolleys are available for hire on a daily basis. Batteries put on charge at the end of each day and trolley handles collected from the bag drop.
Golf Bags & Guests Luggage
· Ensure the golf bag drop off area is efficiently run, taking customers golf bags and luggage from their vehicles.
· To clean golf clubs as required for corporate events and golf days.
· To take any guest’s luggage to the relevant reception / porter on duty.
· Ensure that luggage and golf bag and accessories are clearly and correctly labelled for storage/ onward transition.
· Offer loading of luggage and golf bags into guest’s cars.
· Be the first impression for guests and members arriving at the club and assist them with directions to their destination.
· Assist in the deliveries of suppliers, making sure they park in the correct area.
· Assist the Starter in the daily operation of the 27-hole golf course within the guidelines and tee system set out by the club management.
· Ensure the club rules regarding dress code and etiquette are adhered to at all times by users of the golf course.
· Marshalling of the golf course to ensure the pace of play is within the guidelines set out by the club management.
· Ensure the area surrounding Club Shop, 1st Tee, 10th Tee and 19th Tee are free of debris, and bins are emptied on a regular basis.
· Assist the Club Shop staff with the daily management of the member’s bag store.
· Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Duty Manager, Professional staff, Head Teaching Professional or Head Assistant Professional.
· Be of excellent personal appearance.
· Be knowledgeable of club facilities and be aware of all events taking place.
· Assist in enforcing the club’s security policy and club rules.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.