Stoke Park Careers - Job Application
Kitchen - Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire - Senior Sous Chef Humphry's Fine Dining
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Senior Sous Chef to join our Executive Chef, Chris Wheeler, with the running of Humphry's our Fine Dining 3 AA Rosette restaurant. As Senior Sous you will:
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to prepare top class cuisine/dishes using fresh local ingredients.
- Oversee the kitchen to include freshness of ingredients, level of staffing, mis en place.
- Assist with menu writing and dish creating
- Assist in maintaining a professional level in each kitchen adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Assist and prepare the day to day ordering for the kitchen.
- Assist the Executive Chef with in-house PR and Sauce Communication (i.e. recipes, Press Trips etc)
- Ensure that the section is set for service.
- The Senior Sous Chef will also help in working towards achieving a Michelin Star and 4 AA Rosettes.
- Be a ‘hands on’ presence during service as and when required.
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Handles pressure calmly and professionally
- Previous experience of working in a similar rosette-accredited environment along with a passion for food
- Must be either a Head Chef or Sous chef in a two/three rosette restaurant
- Normally off Mondays and Tuesday
What we will offer to the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary
- Career progression through training and development
- 20 days paid holiday
- Meal whilst on duty
- Discounted rates on facilities
- Free use of the Stoke Park gym
- Free car parking
As Europe’s leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, Stoke Park provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members’ club and the best of today’s sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.